- Our Values
- Our Approach
- School Tours & Workshops
- Student & Youth Opportunities
- Educator Opportunities & Resources
The School and Educator Programs department facilitates learning experiences inspired by art objects. We work with students and educators to build a culture of curiosity through observations, critical thinking, empathy, creativity, and collaboration.
- Collaboration. Co-creating programs with educators, students, and other community stakeholders.
- Creativity. Igniting curiosity, wonder, and an appreciation of art.
- Equity. Ensuring all learners and educators feel safe, heard, and valued at the museum.
- Inclusion and Accessibility. Meeting all students where they are and removing barriers for engagement.
- Empathy. Providing a space for students to discover and share multiple perspectives.
- Engaging students of all ages in open-ended conversations and art-making activities that encourage creativity, promote visual literacy, and develop critical-thinking skills.
- Using art to explore contemporary and historical social issues.
- Responding to student interest and encouraging personal connections to create a more meaningful experience.
- Employing a variety of teaching strategies including close looking and discussion, drawing and writing activities, and other hands-on approaches that engage different learning styles.
- Supporting classroom learning by incorporating state and national learning standards in all our programming.
School Tours & Workshops
Browse a variety of programs for school-aged children including:
• Gallery tours and interactive experiences (Grades K-12)
• School art studio workshops (Grades Pre-K-12)
• New Dimensions all-day workshops (Grades 6-12)
• Virtual tours and workshops for students & youth groups
Student & Youth Opportunities
Educator Opportunities & Resources
Discover professional development, student programs and teacher workshops to help introduce teachers and students to museum learning and resources.
Explore tools to integrate visual arts into classrooms including materials to check out and documents to introduce museum learning and concepts.