- Our Values
- Our Approach
- School Tours & Workshops
- Student & Youth Opportunities
- Educator Programs & Resources
The School and Educator Programs department facilitates learning experiences inspired by art objects. We work with students and educators to build a culture of curiosity through observations, critical thinking, empathy, creativity, and collaboration.
- Collaboration. Co-creating programs with educators, students, and other community stakeholders.
- Creativity. Igniting curiosity, wonder, and an appreciation of art.
- Equity. Ensuring all learners and educators feel safe, heard, and valued at the museum.
- Inclusion and Accessibility. Meeting all students where they are and removing barriers for engagement.
- Empathy. Providing a space for students to discover and share multiple perspectives.
- Engaging students of all ages in open-ended conversations and art-making activities that encourage creativity, promote visual literacy, and develop critical-thinking skills.
- Using art to explore contemporary and historical social issues.
- Responding to student interest and encouraging personal connections to create a more meaningful experience.
- Employing a variety of teaching strategies including close looking and discussion, drawing and writing activities, and other hands-on approaches that engage different learning styles.
- Supporting classroom learning by incorporating state and national learning standards in all our programming.
School Tours & Workshops
Browse a variety of programs for school-aged children including:
• Gallery tours and interactive experiences (Grades K-12)
• School art studio workshops (Grades Pre-K-12)
• Virtual tours and workshops for students & youth groups