Virtual Workshop Guidelines & Registration
We are currently accepting requests for live, virtual experiences through December 2020. Scheduling for 2021 will begin on December 1, 2020.
The Zoom link/password to your Live Virtual Tour will be sent in an email 7 days prior to your event.
- Encourage students to participate! The experience is best when students engage with museum educators and one another through the chat function and/or through spoken discussion.
- Be respectful of yourself and others, both when speaking aloud and typing in the chat.
- Students will enter the tour on mute.
Due to the interactive nature of this experience, virtual school workshops are intended for classes of 30 or fewer students watching together, on individual devices, or remotely from their homes. Please email StudioWorkshops@nelson-atkins.org for more information or questions about virtual capacity.
- Minimum of one adult chaperone is required for your Virtual Field Trip.
- Chaperones may be a teacher, para-professional, parent, or other school staff member.
- Chaperones help monitor chat appropriateness, assist students with technology issues, and encourage participation and respectful behavior.
- Ask chaperones to identify themselves by hovering over their displayed name in the participants list and clicking “Rename”. Example: Name, chaperone.
Technical Requirements for Live Virtual Tour Experiences
Option 1 In-person class with a digital projector or smartboard including a computer with camera, microphone, and internet connection. It’s best if computer audio is connected to speakers to allow the entire classroom to hear the museum’s educators.
Option 2 In-person class with individual devices connected to the internet and headsets for each student.
Option 3 Remote (at home) each student will need a device connected to the internet to participate via Zoom’s chat feature.
How We Connect
The link/password to your Live Virtual Workshop will be sent in an email 7 days prior to your event.
One week before your scheduled Live Virtual Workshop: A Zoom link and password will be included in an email with information about how to connect with us via zoom at the scheduled date and time.
Day of scheduled Live Virtual Workshop: Click the Zoom link to connect 5-10 minutes before the scheduled date and time of the Live Virtual Workshop:
If students are working remotely, share the link with each of them and all chaperones. If this is your first time using the Zoom platform the link will prompt you to install the free software; installation should take less than two minutes and does not require the creation of a zoom account. If students are working remotely please have them login earlier to allow time for download if needed.
Due to scheduled events we may not be able to extend your Live Virtual Workshop. Please have everyone ready to begin 3-5 minutes before your confirmed, scheduled time.
Cancellations and Changes
To cancel or make a change to your scheduled Live Virtual Workshop please email email@example.com. Please include your name, phone number, order number, name of school, and date and time of your scheduled visit. Cancellations are requested at least 48 hours before your scheduled event.
All changes to date, time and workshop will require the cancellation of your scheduled event and a new request to be submitted via the Virtual Workshop Request form, requiring at least three weeks advance submittal for a new date.
For additional information please email StudioWorkshops@nelson-atkins.org
We look forward to working with you!
By clicking “REGISTER” you acknowledge you have read and agree to the guidelines above. Registration will begin on the next page.