Guidelines: Minds in Motion Tour
Private custom tours are also available for groups of 6 or more on Wednesday through Sunday. For the best experience, we highly recommend that facilities bringing a group sign up for this option.
Duration: 75 minutes
Group Size:Up to 12
Ratio of care partners or facility staff to individuals with memory loss: 1:2
Example: if there are 8 people with memory loss, there should be 4 companions.
If participants use a wheelchair or walker, then the ratio should be 1:1
Guidelines for Care Partners
- Individuals who have dementia should be capable of participating in conversation, as evidenced by verbal or non-verbal responses.
- Mobility, stamina, and vision and hearing issues should be assessed by facility life-enrichment coordinators before the visit.
- Individuals should be able to tolerate a new environment without anxiety.
- As many members in this population may be more susceptible to catching illnesses, we recommend that individuals with any sign of sickness (e.g. cough, sneezing) avoid these tours.
Wheelchairs and Mobility at the Museum
- Most public areas in the museum are wheelchair accessible.
- The parking garage and museum lobby are fully ADA accessible with direct access from the garage.
- Rozzelle Court Restaurant and the Donald J. Hall Sculpture Park are partially wheelchair accessible.
- Wheelchair-accessible restrooms are available in the Bloch Building.
- A shuttlecart is available to take visitors from the Info Desk to the galleries at the south end of the Bloch Building and back. The shuttlecart is not wheelchair accessible.
Parking and/or Dropping Off Your Group
- Parking in the garage costs $10 per vehicle. Free for members.
- Dropping off or picking up your group in the garage is free (30 minute time limit). Some vehicles may be too large to enter the parking garage. In this case, drivers will need to drop off the group at the Bloch Building entrance on 45th Street.
- Free parking is available in the North lot (45th Street and Rockhill Road) or on the street.
By clicking “REGISTER” you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the guidelines above. Registration will begin on the next page.