Title I Resources
The School and Educator Programs department facilitates learning experiences inspired by art objects. We work with students and educators to build a culture of curiosity through observation, critical thinking, empathy, creativity, and collaboration.
School-wide Title I schools in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area are eligible for The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art’s Incentive Grant Program. The Incentive Grant Program provides a $200 stipend to offset trip expenses and underwrites School Workshop fees for classified schoolwide Title I schools in Missouri and Kansas. School Tours are always free at the museum. A minimum of 25 students is necessary to receive the funding. Maximum group size depends on the individual tour and workshop.
Funding for the Incentive Grant Program is provided by the Louetta M. Cowden Foundation, Bank of America, trustee; the Breidenthall-Snyder Foundation; the Frank and Margaret McGee Fund, Commerce Bank, Greater Kansas City Community Foundation; and the Oppenstein Brothers Foundation.
Incentive Grant Program
For Pre K-12th Grades at Title 1 Schools
The Incentive Grant Program provides assistance to school-wide Title I schools for pre-K through 12th grade visits to The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
If your school has been classified as a school-wide Title I school in the Kansas City metropolitan area, your school may be eligible to receive underwritten workshop fees and a $200 stipend to offset trip expenses. School tours are always free at the Nelson-Atkins.
- 25 student minimum is needed in order to receive Incentive Grant funding. Maximum group size depends on the individual tour and workshop.
- Incentive Grant funded workshops and tours are scheduled September through May.
- Incentive Grant Funded workshops and tours must be scheduled 3 weeks in advance.
- School workshop fees ($7 per student) are funded. Tours are free at The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
- The school’s W9 must be on file before the $200 stipend can be remitted. Schools are responsible for ensuring that the Nelson-Atkins has this documentation. Send a copy of the school’s W9 to email@example.com.
- Schools are responsible for scheduling their own transportation and promptly remitting payment. The museum cannot accept forwarded bus invoices.
- The $200 stipend to offset trip-related expenses is mailed to the attention of the school’s principal after the completion of the visit. Please allow up to four weeks to receive the check.
The $200 Incentive Grant stipends may be used for:
- Bus transportation to and from the museum
- Field-trip related expenses
Incentive Grant funds may NOT be issued for:
- Groups bringing less than 25 students
- Repeat visits for the same grade within the same school year
- School Tours and School Workshops are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- School Tours and School Workshops must be scheduled 3 weeks in advance.
- A final confirmation email with visit details will be sent to the contact name provided in the registration.
If you do not receive a confirmation within 3 weeks, contact the appropriate scheduling office:
School Tours: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Workshops: email@example.com
Incentive Grant questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Tours are free.
School Workshops are $7 per student. The Incentive Grant funds the $7 per student workshop fee and adult chaperones are free.
Failure to follow cancellation guidelines will result in being invoiced the workshop cost with no rescheduling for the remainder of the school year.
Changes and Cancelations
To cancel or make a change to your scheduled School Tour or School Workshop, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, phone number, confirmation number, name of school, and date and time of your scheduled visit. Incentive Grant School Tour and Workshop cancellations must be received three (3) or more business days before your visit to avoid being charged a fee.
All changes to date/time/theme of your school tour or workshop need to be submitted through a new Tour Request form or Workshop Request form. All School Tour or School Workshop requests, including the rescheduling of School Tours or School Workshops, require three weeks advance notice. Note: Cancellations due to inclement weather will not be charged.