Title 1 Resources
Pre K-12th Grade
The Incentive Grant Program provides assistance to school-wide, Title I schools for pre-K through 12th grade visits to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
If your school has been classified as a school-wide Title I school in the Kansas City metropolitan area, your school may be eligible to receive underwritten workshop fees and a $200 stipend to offset trip expenses. School tours are always free at the museum.
A minimum of 25 students is necessary to receive the funding. Maximum group size depends on the individual tour and workshop.
Incentive Grant funded workshops and tours are scheduled September through May and must be scheduled 3 weeks in advance.
Funding for the Incentive Grant Program is provided by the Louetta M. Cowden Foundation, Bank of America, trustee; the Breidenthall-Snyder Foundation; the Frank and Margaret McGee Fund, Commerce Bank, Greater Kansas City Community Foundation; and the Oppenstein Brothers Foundation
Incentive Grant Program Highlights
- Underwritten school workshop fees ($7 per student). Tours are free at the museum.
- A $200 stipend to offset trip-related expenses.
- Your school’s W9 must be on file before your stipend can be remitted. Schools are responsible for ensuring that the
museum has this documentation. A copy of your school’s W9 can be sent to email@example.com.
- Stipends will be mailed to the attention of the school’s principal after the completion of the visit. Please allow up to four weeks to receive the check. The museum can no longer accept forwarded bus invoices. Schools are responsible
for scheduling their own transportation and promptly remitting payment.
The $200 Incentive Grant stipends may be used for:
- Bus transportation to and from the museum
- Field-trip related expenses
Incentive Grant funds may NOT be issued for:
- Groups bringing less than 25 students
- Repeat visits for the same grade within the same school year
- Teacher-led tours
- Links to docent-led School Tours or School Workshops are available below.
- School Tours and School Workshops are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- School Tours and School Workshops must be scheduled three weeks prior to event.
- A final confirmation letter will be sent to your school by mail containing the details of your reservation.
Changes and Cancelations
- Changes or cancelations must be submitted 3 or more business days by email prior to the scheduled School Tour or School Workshop.
- Failure to follow cancelation guidelines for School Workshops will result in being invoiced 50% of the workshop cost and prohibit rescheduling for the rest of the school year. To properly cancel a School Workshop, send an email including the workshop title, date of workshop, and school name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancelations due to inclement weather will not be charged.
- School Tour cancelations should be directed by email including the tour title and date, along with the school’s name to email@example.com.
Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule your tour or workshop at the School Programs web page.