How Advanced Search Works
- In the first column, in the Choose Field box, select a search category.
For example: Category
- In the second column, in the Choose Condition drop-down menu, select how you would like to match the search term.
For example: is
- In the third column, you can either choose from the drop-down options available or enter specific search values in the text box.
For example: Drawing
- To add additional search parameters, repeat steps 1-3 for each parameter in the rows below your first set of search criteria.
- To begin your query, click on the Search button.
- To begin a new search, click on the Reset button.
Advanced Search Tips
- Less specific searches will return more results. If you search with two fields that returns no results, try searching with a single field. If you run an 'is' search that returns no results, try using 'contains' instead.
- If you select 'is' in the second column, a pop-up list of possible terms might appear in the third column to assist you with your search.
These records may be incomplete. They are frequently revised and enhanced. Please contact the curatorial department listed on
"Contact Us" for more information.